web site for any reason.
- 1. Warranty.
- 2. Disclaimer.
- PftPI has developed this website as a resource for all those concerned about external pressures confronting professional integrity. PftPI, comprised of the endorsing organizations listed on the PftPI.org home page, is solely responsible for the content of the PftPI website. PftPI takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any information or services listed
on this website or provided by any organization listed on this website. PftPI cannot guarantee the accuracy or validity of information on this site. PftPI, its employees, agents, or others that provide information on or through this web site, will not be liable or responsible to you for any claim, loss, injury, liability, or damages, including lost wages or benefits, related to your use of this site or any site linked to this site, or for any claims by third parties. Opinions expressed on PftPI.org and in any corresponding comments are the personal opinions of the original authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of PftPI. PftPI reserves the right not to publish a particular submission or comment in any form and to edit submissions and comments for anonymity.
- 3. Use of Submissions.
- All submissions to PftPI.org become the property of PftPI, may be used for any purpose without permission of the participant or any consideration apart from participation in accordance with these guidelines, and will not be returned. PftPI reserves the right to edit or not publish any story or idea submitted to the PftPI.org site based on the submission guidelines for that activity.
- 4. PftPI Restrictions.
- Users may not use the PftPI website to transmit, distribute, store or destroy material, including without limitation, this website’s content (a) in violation of any applicable law or regulation, (b) in a manner that will infringe the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights of others or violate the privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others, or (c) in a manner that is defamatory, obscene, threatening, abusive or hateful.
- Users are also prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the PftPI site, including, without limitation, the following activities: (a) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (b) attempting to interfere with communication to any
user, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to this or any endorsing organization site, overloading, “flooding”, “spamming”, “mailbombing” or “crashing;” or (c) solicitation or advertisement. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. The PftPI will investigate occurrences that may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in
prosecuting users who are involved in such violations.
- 5. Disclaimer of Warranty.
- PftPI does not warrant that the PftPI.org website will operate error-free or that the servers are free of computer viruses or other harmful mechanisms. If your use of the website results in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, PftPI is not responsible for those costs. In no event shall PftPI be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without
limitation, incidental and consequential damages, lost profits, or damages resulting from lost data or business interruption) resulting from the use or inability to use the site, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, and whether or not PftPI is advised of the possibility of such damages. PftPI to the fullest extent permitted by law, disclaims all warranties, whether express or implied.
- 6. Indemnity.
- You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless PftPI, its endorsing organizations, employees and agents, from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting from (i) any User Content or other material you provide to the PftPI site, (ii) your use of any PftPI content, or (iii) your
- 7. Fair Use Notice
- The PftPI website and related email updates may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of the external pressures confronting professional integrity across disciplinary lines and encourage discussion of
these issues. We believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from the PftPI site or email updates for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
- 8. Professional or Legal Advice
- PftPI.org provides general information, not professional or legal advice. If you need professional or legal advice, you should seek out a professional licensed in that area (law, medicine, risk management, financial adviser, accounting, etc.). If you face a situation you believe to be illegal, you should contact a legal professional.
- 9. Contact Us
Professionals for the Public Interest
815 16th St., N.W.
Washington, DC 20006
April 15, 2009